Clemloves

A little bit of everything

Friday 18 March 2016

Virals (Book 1) by Kathy Reichs and Brendan Reichs



As this is my first book review of 2016, I wanted to write about one of my favourite books I have just finished reading. Virals by Kathy Reichs is the first book in a series, I have books 1 to 5, (I've recently started reading the second one called Seizure.) Kathy is also author of the Temperance Brennan novels and producer on the FOX series Bones, (a series I am definitely going to start watching.) As soon as this book arrived I was very excited to start reading it.





The main character in Virals is Tory Brennan, who is also niece of acclaimed forensic anthropologist Temperence Brennan, (Bones Novels and TV show.) Tory lives on a secluded island off the coast of South Carolina. Along with her group of friends, Tory and the group rescue a wolfpup called Coop, who is being kept in a cage for medical testing on an island nearby. But they are exposed to an experimental strain of canine parvovirus, which changes their lives. 

I really connected with all of the characters throughout this book, especially Tory. I love a book that can do this and where I just want to keep reading it to find out what is going to happen next. I love that Tory is very passionate and cares about animals and the environment and I really love the bond that Tory and her friends, along with Coop, share. Whilst reading the book, I was constantly trying to think 'who did this, who did that?' I got really involved and my imagination went wild. There are lots of mysteries to be solved and we see Tory and her friends go out and investigate, but encounter other dangers, but all are still very closely linked. 

I really like the whole supernatural/forensic science combination throughout this book. I highly recommend this book and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. 
You can purchase this book here

More book reviews -
Deliciously Ella by Ella Woodward
Life.Love.Beauty by Keegan Allen
All My Secrets by Sophie McKenzie
Dork Diaries Drama Queen by Rachel Renee Russell
Girl Online by Zoe Sugg
The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa


Share:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig