Clemloves

A little bit of everything

Sunday 26 November 2017

Sunday Thoughts | Recipes and More


Welcome to a brand new Sunday Thoughts post. I hope you have had a lovely week and weekend. This week I have mostly been writing blog posts and taking photos. Two of my favourite things to do. I've been using my iPhone 6 camera a lot lately for taking blog photos, so I've been trying to take a few more new ones on my Canon camera as I have really missed using it. I've also been trying to experiment a little with my photos and trying out different things along with props. Doing this has really helped with inspiration for photos. 

If you have read my two recipe posts that come out during the week, you will know that diet plays a huge part for me and even more so now. This month I was admitted to hospital and I have been diagnosed with Crohn's Disease. Diet is something that will continue for me personally, to be very important. I am currently on a low fibre diet. There will be some more recipe posts coming to my blog real soon. You can find the links to both of this week's recipes below.

If you have followed some of my previous recipes, you may know that all of my recipes are dairy, wheat and gluten free and don't contain onion and garlic. I love to create meals that are quick and easy to make but also taste amazing. I want to be able to share on my blog, the recipes that help me and that can also help other people. I love food so much, but sometimes it can be a little bit difficult to find food that I can actually eat. The supermarkets such as Tesco, Sainsburys and Morrisons, have really good free from ranges now which is  amazing, but sometimes it can still be a little difficult to find different food that are dairy, wheat and gluten free, also not containing any onion and garlic. Homemade food is so delicious and it doesn't have to take hours or be expensive. Just a few simple ingredients can create an amazing and delicious meal. 

I plan on creating lots more recipes for my blog and really hope that you enjoy them. Below you can find my Homemade Rice Pudding and Roast Chicken and Mash. Both are dairy, wheat and gluten free and there is no onion and garlic! 



The rice pudding makes a delicious dessert or afternoon snack (it tastes so good with jam) and the Roast Chicken is great, if like me you love a good roast dinner. They are both really quick and easy to make and you only need a few ingredients. Click on the links above to find out what ingredients I used for both recipes. (I will be having some more roast chicken for my dinner today).



This week I have also been catching up on my favourite blogs and YouTube channels and as I mentioned above, also writing some more new posts. I've really been enjoying writing down different ideas that I have for posts. I also find it great doing mind maps too when gathering ideas for posts. I love a good a mind map! I've also been catching up on Girlboss on Netflix, which I am really enjoying. Some of my favourite TV programmes I have been watching recently that come on Channel 4 are, Everybody Loves Raymond, Frasier, Gordon Ramsay and Undercover Boss USA. I do love morning TV, even though I have watched the episodes so many times before, I just love watching them. 

I am currently reading Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon. I still haven't seen the film yet for it, but I am really enjoying the book. Check out yesterdays post to see what book I will be reading next. I am really loving the front cover. I've also got a few other books that are waiting to be read, along with some more book reviews that will be coming to the blog very soon. I can tell you that the next book review that I will be posting is, My Not So Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella. I absolutely loved the book and it was one that I took on holiday with me to read and I just love it so much. I love the story and the characters. I can't wait to share my review with you.

Here are my 5 Happy Things from this week. It's always good to think about the little things that make us happy and it's something that I really like to add into my Sunday Thoughts posts. 

1. Making some delicious rice pudding (and eating it).
2. Taking photos. 
3. Writing blog posts.
4. Christmas adverts on TV. (It always feels more like Christmas when the Coca-Cola advert comes on TV).
5. Reading a new book. 

What are your favourite recipes to make? Also please leave your blog links in the comment section below. I love finding new posts and blogs to read.

To find out more about Crohn's Disease click here. 

Share:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig