Clemloves

A little bit of everything

Sunday 24 December 2017

Sunday Thoughts | What I Love Most About Christmas


There are so many things I love about Christmas. It's such a magical time of year. I still get so excited about Christmas day and wake up about five in the morning! When I was younger I would always wake up really early and go straight to the landing, where there would be balloons waiting for me. That's how I knew Santa had been! I would then go downstairs and look to see if the mince pie and carrots had gone, that I left out for Santa and his reindeer. Then I would head straight for the living room to see what Santa had brought. It's the little things like that, that I used to love the most. 

There was also sometimes a handmade card left from Santa thanking me for the treats I left out! My Christmas day usually consists firstly of, giving and opening presents, followed by watching whatever Christmas programs and films are on TV. Next it's time to get ready and start preparing dinner. My favourite part is spending it with family and also eating the leftovers of course! Below I have listed a few of my most favourite things about Christmas.


Christmas films.
I love being able to relax at Christmas and chill out and watch some of my favourite Christmas films. Some of my favourites are, Miracle on 34th Street, Love Actually, Elf, Home Alone 1 and 2, Muppets Christmas Carol The Santa Clause films. I just love them so much.

Christmas songs.
I made sure I saved my Christmas playlist from last year, so I was all ready prepared with the Christmas songs at the beginning of December! They really get me in a Christmassy mood.

Lots and lots of food!
One of my most favourite things about Christmas has to be festive food. Lots of turkey and cranberry sauce! Also I love eating leftover turkey sandwiches, with cranberry sauce of course.

Christmas TV.
I love it when they start putting on the Christmas films on TV. Channel 4 have had a really great selection so far of Christmas films, ones that I haven't seen beofre. Some were quite cheesy I must say, but that's what makes a great Christmas film, am I right?!

Giving presents.
Although I really appreciate and I am so grateful for all of the lovely presents I receive, there's nothing better than giving presents. I love being able to surprise my family and friends. 

Spending time with family.
The best thing of all about Christmas for me personally, is spending it with family. Although Christmas can be a bit of a rush and a lot of running about, it's so nice to be able to see family you may have not seen for a while and to spend some time together.

Christmas Jumpers.
The Christmas jumpers have been and are out and I'm so excited to wear one tomorrow on Christmas day. It just helps me feel that little bit more festive and obviously as it's Christmas day, it's got to be done! 

Christmas Lights.
I've not really seen as many houses with Christmas lights on this year, but there are still quite a few and especially one house have really out done themselves. Every year they decorate their house with so many Christmas lights. Literally their whole house is covered and their garden and their out-building. There are lights everywhere. We always make time every year to go and look at them. They always have so many people in their cars stop to look at them.


Five happy things this week.

1. Spending some time with my dad and grandad.
2. Seeing my friend Louise.
3. Doing some Christmas shopping with my mum.
4. Receiving some lovely comments on my blog post in collaboration with Simply Be.
5. Watching Christmas and shows films on TV.

This week I have been working really hard on my Instagram. I reached my goal of 600 followers, my next goal is to reach 1000. So a huge thank you to everyone who is following me. I'm really enjoying Instagram at the moment. I would love it if you could follow me if you are not already, I follow back! You can follow me here

I've been getting the last few bits of Christmas shopping done. Thankfully it's all done now. I've just got to do the last little bit of wrapping! I must admit that I'm not the best at wrapping presents, but I try! I also got to see my friend Louise this week, she popped round to see me. We watched some TV and had a good catch-up, which was really nice. Tonight my mum and I are going to a carol service, which I am really looking forward to.

I really hope that you all have a lovely and amazing Christmas. I can't believe that there is only one more sleep! I'm so excited. 


What are your favourite things about Christmas?


Share:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig