Clemloves

A little bit of everything

Friday 26 January 2018

My Makeup Through The Years


It's only now I am 27 that I have finally found what makeup actually suits me best and I don't keep swapping and changing the products I am using. From a very young age, I have always loved makeup. I would go through my mum's makeup bag/draw and test things out for myself. The lipstick didn't end well, probably most of it going on my teeth, or not actually on my lips! But from them on, I couldn't wait to get my hands on a sparkly lipgloss or a body glitter roll on or gel that had little stars and sparkly bits in, which I think mostly ended up going on my cheeks! Remember those?! As I grew up in the 90's there were so many amazing products that I just loved so much and through to the 00's. I loved it when my friends and I did each others makeup. I couldn't wait to try out my new makeup looks at the school disco or friends birthday parties. 



I was also someone who when beginning to experiment more with makeup at the age of 13/14, I just got it so wrong! For ages, I had gone wearing the wrong shade of foundation and walking around with orange lines. I think it was either one by Rimmel or Maybeline. I got the shade of foundation for my skin completely wrong. It wasn't a good look! But over the years after trying many, many different foundations, I now know what I like and what suits me. I'm also a lot better at blending in foundation, just in case you were wondering! There have been lots of times, where I have gone out with very bright red/pink cheeks because I have applied too much blush and times where I have gone out with too much eyeliner on. We've all been there. But even though I have probably gone out looking like a clown, I've enjoyed every single moment of it. I have always loved trying out new products and getting my hands on the latest must-have product. 

In case you were wondering, here is a list of the makeup products I currently use.

Gosh X-Ceptional Wear foundation in Porcelain.
This foundation is amazing. It literally lasts all day and I love the coverage of it. You can read my review of it here. I always used to wear liquid foundation, but then for quite sometime, I used powder foundation. Last year after so long I decided to go back to using a liquid one and fell in love with them all over again. I absolutely love Gosh products. If you haven't tried their liquid lipstick, you really need to!

Natural Collection Loose Translucent Powder.
I have used this powder on and off for quite some years now. It's a brand I love and will continue to keep using. They also recently did a re-design of their products. This powder is great because it has great staying power and as it's translucent, it blends in really well with my foundation. You can read more about it in another one of my posts, here.

Nars Blush in Orgasm.
I have actually been using the Nars Blush in the shade Orgasm for quite some time now. It's just a great blush. It lasts, looks great on my pale skin and gives a natural look on my cheeks. You can read my review here.  

Natural Collection Liquid Eyeliner.
The main reason why I love this liquid eyeliner so much is because it is super affordable and doesn't make the skin around my eyes sting, which believe it or not, some liquid eyeliners I have tried before, do this. One time when I used a liquid eyeliner by a different brand, it literally felt like my eyelids were raw. It was horrible. But this one I always keep re-purchasing it. You can read more about it here.

The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara.
I haven't actually been using this mascara that long, so I want to use it a little more before I give an honest review of it. But so far so good, I am really loving it. It doesn't clump my lashes together and it really does volumize my lashes.

Even now I am still learning, but even if I make a makeup mistake, It' doesn't matter, it just makes me keep trying until I get it right and makes me love makeup even more. Makeup allows me to be creative and it makes me happy. I might not wear it everyday, which is fine, because it's nice to give your skin a rest now and again, but I love the whole process of applying makeup and the finished result. Everytime I go to Superdrug or Boots, I'm straight to the makeup section. Even if I've seen it a thousand times already, I love looking at it all!



What makeup products did you love the most growing up and what products do you use now?


Share:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig