Clemloves

A little bit of everything

Saturday 12 November 2016

The Diabolic by S. J. Kincaid | Book Review


I love reading books on the train whilst traveling to University. It also helps my anxiety. The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid has been an amazing read and made my train journey so much more enjoyable. I loved every moment of this book and it was very hard to put down. I think there may have been a couple of times where I almost missed my stop! This book is definitely going on my list of my favourite books of 2016. ðŸ™‚



"A Diabolic is ruthless. A Diabolic is powerful. A Diabolic has a single task: kill in order to protect the person you've been created for."

Nemesis is a Diabolic, who has been created to protect Sidonia, a galactic senator's daughter. They have both grown up together and mean so much to each other. Nemesis would gladly do anything for Sidonia to protect her life. When the Emperor discovers that Sidonia's father is participating in a rebellion, Sidonia is summoned to the galactic court, in place of her father. In order to protect Sidonia, Nemesis must become her, as this proves the only way. Nemesis disguises herself and travels to the court, but must keep her true identity of being a Diabolic a secret, or risk everything. Whilst at the court, Nemesis learns so much more about her own self. A part of her that she didn't think was possible to exist.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading The Diabolic. The book is brilliantly written, I love the characters and the emotions felt throughout this book, is so strong. Definitely one of my most favourite YA novels. I didn't really know much about this book before reading it and I've not really read many books that are set in space. But I was very excited to start reading it. It's definitely not like anything I've read before. It's an incredible book and brilliantly written. I just wanted to keep reading and reading. I was so sad when I got to the end of the book. I loved seeing Nemesis grow throughout this book. Watching her go through different human emotions that felt very strange and impossible to her, but also very right at the same time.

There is a romance in this book and I was quite surprised but happy by this. Reading from the beginning it seemed like there wasn't really going to be any romances happen, but I really enjoyed reading the friendship and relationship grow between Nemesis and Tyrus. Two very clever and strong characters, who make a huge difference. Although the romance starts off slow, I liked following them both through this and then realising that they want and need each other. 

Throughout this book, as we get to know about the characters and where the story is set, as I got reading more and more of this book, it became very fast paced. A very exciting and enjoyable read. There is a major twist towards the end of the book, which I won't spoil, but for the ending of the book. I really liked it. Although this book is a stand-alone novel, I really do hope that there will be more. I want to read more about Nemesis so much. 

I give this book 5 stars. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 

You can purchase this book from Waterstones for £10.99.

What books are you currently reading and loving?


Share:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig