Clemloves

A little bit of everything

Sunday 10 December 2017

Sunday Thoughts | Clem Loves Is 5 Years Old!


It's only just over 2 weeks until Christmas day! I still need to do some Christmas shopping and get some Christmas cards! But it's on my to-do list for this next week. There is already some houses near where I live that have got their Christmas lights on and they look so pretty. I always used to love going for a drive and looking at all of the lovely Christmas lights and decorations on houses. It just adds that little bit of magic to the air. 

As you may have read in the title,I can't believe that my blog is now 5 years old! I still remember creating my blog and writing my first posts. I had however been blogging long before this one, I had a few websites that I created from a young age, but I am so proud of my little blog. It's amazing looking back and seeing how far I have come from my first posts on here. There were a few others, but I deleted them, oops! But you can check out the first post that is published on here still, here. I've also just realised how short my posts used to be!

I feel that the two main things that have improved over the years is my writing and photography. I love taking photos and I have learned so much over the years to improve my photography, I'm still learning even now. I will be doing a post very soon on how blogging has helped me, as I feel it's very important for me to recognise how important my blog is to me and how it has helped me greatly over the last few years. I've never really celebrated how old my blog is each year, but I just think that 5 is an awesome number and I have worked with some amazing brands over the last few years and I'm just really excited to see what is next for my little space on the internet!


This week I have been continuing to look at different ways that I can keep improving my photography, which is something I mentioned in last weeks Sunday Thoughts post. I have a huge passion for taking photos and ever since I got my Canon 700d, I fell in love with taking photos even more. If you have any tips and tricks for taking photos, please share them below in the comment section, especially if you have any blog posts or videos on this. It's something that I want to keep getting better at and improving with. I'm really loving looking at peoples flat lay photos on Instagram, it has definitely inspired me to try and create some of my own. I have taken a few, but I just love looking at them so much, so that's on my list of things to do. I really want to take my Instagram to the next level. There are so many amazing Instagram accounts that I follow with so many beautiful photos on. I really want my Instagram to reflect my personality and to share the things that I really love


Five happy things this week -

1. Taking lots of photos.
2. Joining in with Twitter chats.
3. Watching Vlogmas videos on YouTube.
4. Receiving lovely comments on my blog.
5. Putting up my little pink Christmas tree in my room.

As I mentoned above, I've been trying out different things when taking photos and I have had so much fun this week testing them out. A few of the photos have made it in to some posts I have started in my drafts section, so I am really excited to share those on here very soon. My mum got me a few props for photos from some charity shops, I can't wait to use them. You can find some really great stuff in charity shops, especially when it comes to props and if you are looking to save money. I will be sharing a blog post on here soon with the items from the charity shops.

I have really been loving the festive Twitter chats this last week. They are so much fun. It definitely helps to get me more in a festive mood. I've also found some amazing bloggers to follow through the Twitter chats too. My bookmark section is slowly filling up with lots of my favourite blogs to read! 

I am loving this years Vlogmas videos. I love seeing what everyone is up to this Christmas. I would love to get my YouTube channel up and running this next year, it's definitely something that I want to do and maybe next year I can look at doing Vlogmas too! 

I have received some lovely comments on my blog this week. It really makes my day when I read them. I'm so thankful for everyone who visits my blog and takes the time to read my posts. It's so nice to see that you are enjoying my posts. 

I decided to put up a little mini Christmas tree in my room this week, just to make it look more Christmassy. I've also got a Santa and reindeer next to the tree too and some tinsel. My little tree lights up and it's pink! I haven't put any decorations on it as I love it just how it is and watching it light up different colours.



On the blog -

Not a fan of Christmas pudding, then check out this delicious chocolate brownie Christmas pudding instead. It's so good! 
Also this last week it was Crohn's and Colitis Awareness Week from the 1-7 December. Check out my post here
Lastly if you are still wondering who is doing Blogmas this year, I have a list of bloggers who are doing Blogmas this Christmas.

What have you been up to this week?


Share:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig