Clemloves

A little bit of everything

Friday 8 December 2017

Chocolate Brownie Christmas Pudding | Dairy, Wheat and Gluten Free


One thing I have never been too keen on is Christmas Pudding. I'm just not a fan of it. I always opt for something different when it comes to dessert at Christmas. I am however a huge fan of chocolate brownies, so when my nan gave me a kit to make your own chocolate brownie Christmas pudding, I was so happy! It is Dairy, wheat and gluten free and you can get it from Tesco. It comes in a box with a packet of brownie mix, a packet of icing sugar and a small pack of holly and berry confetti shapes. The pudding is really quick and easy to make and tastes delicious.

I really love that more supermarkets are catering more for people who can't have dairy, wheat and gluten. Tesco is also doing their free from chocolate selection box again and Morrisons have brought out some free from boxes of chocolates for Christmas too. I've also noticed that the free from calendars have gone really quick this year too. It's nice to be able to have a wider variety of food to have at Christmas. Usually, I would most likely end up having what I would have any other time of the year, but it's nice to be able to eat more Christmassy things. I also picked up a while back a free from selection box of crackers from Morrisons, which I am really excited to try. I do love some crackers with dairy free cheese!



What you will need - 

1 large egg,
100g dairy free butter (melted),
2tsp water for the icing.

First, you need to add the brownie mixture to a bowl with one large egg, 100g of melted dairy free butter and 20ml water. Next mix it all together until the mixture is nice and smooth and glossy. Next, you will need a microwaveable glass bowl, (yes that's right, you cook it in the microwave! I said it was quick and easy to make) which you will also need to line with greaseproof paper, or if you haven't got any, line with some dairy free butter (which is what I did). Finally, you just pop the mixture into the bowl and put straight into the microwave for 3 minutes and 50 seconds.

After the pudding has cooked, you just pop the bowl on the side to cool for 15 minutes and then when cool, turn the pudding out onto a plate. Next, it's time for the icing! I love this bit. You just add 2tsp of water to the icing sugar and mix then apply to the pudding. Then all that's left to do is add the confetti shapes on top. That's it! That's all you need to do to create this delicious chocolate brownie pudding. 





I am so happy with how this pudding turned out, I can't wait to make another one to have on Christmas day. If like me, you don't like Christmas pudding, I highly recommend getting one of these to make. 







What are your favourite desserts to have on Christmas day?

Share:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig