Clemloves

A little bit of everything

Tuesday 10 April 2018

Delicious Mini Gluten Free Bread Rolls


I always love homemade bread. Even though you can buy really tasty bread from the supermarket, there's nothing quite like freshly baked bread from your own oven or bread-maker. As soon as you walk into the kitchen, you're greeted with that lovely gorgeous smell. I thought it's about time that I made some of my own bread again, as it's been a while. So today I'm finally back with a brand new recipe post! I have previously done a bread recipe on here before, if you head on over to my categories section at the top and click recipes, you will find it there.

Ok, so I know that these mini bread rolls may resemble a Yorkshire pudding, but honestly, they are very much a mini bread roll! I just decided to bake mine in a Yorkshire pudding tray. But if you are looking for a quick and easy and also delicious, gluten-free bread roll recipe, then I highly recommend checking this one out. I found a recipe online that I followed, as having tried different ones online before, some work better than others. They were a little like a crusty roll on the outside and nice and soft on the inside, which is always a bonus!




The recipe I used and measurements for each ingredient is as follows -

250g gluten free white bread flour by Doves Farm. (I always use flour by Doves Farm when baking things).
1 tsp of quick yeast by Doves Farm.
A pinch of salt.
1tsp sugar.
250ml milk. (I use Alpro light soya milk).
1 egg.
1 tbsp oil.

And that's all you need to make these mini bread rolls! Just those few ingredients. Now for the baking method I used. I first put the flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a bowl and mixed them all together. Next, I added the milk and egg. After mixing together I then covered the bowl with the ingredients in, with a tea towel for around 90 minutes. After this, I added the oil over the dough and then turned the mixture a couple of times. After doing this I then placed spoonfuls of dough into a prepared baking tray. As I mentioned above I used a Yorkshire pudding tray, with a little oil added into line the tray. You can then also brush each ball of dough with cold water. I didn't actually do this but, I will definitely try this next time. I then left to rise for a further 35-40 minutes and then popped them into the oven for around 15-20 minutes on gas mark 6.

If you have any recipes for gluten-free bread rolls, please let me know in the comments.




Share:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig