Clemloves

A little bit of everything

Monday 19 January 2015

Turkey Lasagne | Dairy, Wheat and Gluten Free





This lasagne tasted so good that I'm making another one for my tea tonight! I love that there are still so many different types of meals I can make even though I can't have dairy, wheat and gluten. 

For this lasagne I used -

  • Turkey Mince (I got mine from Morrisons)
  • Dairy, wheat and gluten free Lasagne sheets (The ones I used was from Sainsburys)
  • Tomatoes
  • Mushrooms
  • Dairy, wheat and gluten free cheese (I used Violife Original sliced cheese)


Firstly I popped the turkey mince in a saucepan for about 10 minutes to part cook it, I also added in the tomatoes and mushrooms. I had to improvise when making this as I usually I like to use tinned chopped tomatoes, but I couldn't find any. So For the lasagne in the photos above I found some cherry tomatoes in the fridge and chopped them up and mashed them a little with a fork and then added some water. I added some salt and herbs and mixed in with the mince to add some flavour. After doing this I grabbed the dish that I was going to be cooking the lasagne in and placed one of the lasagne sheets at the bottom of the dish. I did have to break the lasagne sheets up first so they fitted in, due to the shape of he dish I was using. I then added some of the mince and veg on top of the lasagne sheet and placed another sheet on top of the mince. After this I placed one slice of the Violife cheese on top and then added the next layer of mince. I finished off by placing another lasagne sheet on top and some more of the cheese and then using a little of the juice left over from the tomatoes, I poured on top, this helps the lasagne sheet on top stay moist and not go all crunchy. I popped the lasagne in the oven for about 30 minutes, but checked after 20 minuted to make sure it was ok. I added some spinach on the side to eat with the lasagne, as I'm a huge fan of spinach. 

If turkey mince isn't for you or you don't eat meat, alternatively you can make a vegetable lasagne, which I have done before and tastes so yummy. Or if you eat beef then you can beff mince. I only eat chicken, turkey and fish as beef, lamb and pork is too rich for me with my ibs. I also make sure that all my food doesn't have onions, onion powder and garlic in, as they don't agree with me. 

Please let me know in the comment section below if you have any tasty dairy, wheat and gluten free recipes. 


Share:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig