Clemloves

A little bit of everything

Sunday 26 April 2015

I DONT DRINK ALCOHOL



I have recently noticed that there are many people who feel they are pressurised in to drinking alcohol. Although Clemloves is a place where I write about things I love, I also like to use my blog for writing down my thoughts and feelings. As you have probably already seen, this blog post is titled: I Don't Drink Alcohol. I used to, but I made the decision about 3-4 years ago to stop drinking it altogether and I haven't looked back since. I made this decision around the time when I was told I have IBS and to not have dairy, wheat and gluten due to intolerances. I also made the decision due to other health conditions with my heart and bladder. I have Instersticial Cystitis which unfortunately there is no cure for, and alcohol made the pain so much. It also doesn't agree with the medication I am on for my heart. I am under working diagnosis for POTS Syndrome/Cardiac Dysautonomia and I also have Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia. I had two operations on my heart when I was 19 for Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome, but thankfully my doctor at Papworth Hospital was able to get rid of it for me. But even if I did not have these health conditions, I know that I would still have made the decision not to drink alcohol anymore. But because of my health it gave me the push I needed to cut it out altogether there and then. 

There was a time when I started to feel left out due to my own decision, but I think that was more to do with the fact that everyone around me was trying to get me to drink. I always have a good time when I go out, just because I am not drinking alcohol doesn't mean I'm not having a good time. I still get up and have a dance and I can remember my whole evening and wake up without feeling rubbish the next morning. I am perfectly happy going to a club and having a glass of orange juice or water in my hand. 


I am obsessed with fruit and herbal teas. My favourite ones are lemon, strawberry and raspberry, peppermint and camomile. I have also found that by drinking these they have really helped my eczema and I don't get as many breakouts anymore. Everything in these tea are natural. 


If someone doesn't want to drink alcohol then they shouldn't be forced to. Cutting out alcohol was one the best things I've ever done and I feel so much better for it. Drinking alcohol isn't big and also causes health problems when too much is consumed. Just because someone else is drinking it doesn't make me feel like I have to. I have my own mind and If I don't want to drink alcohol anymore then I'm not going to. 
Share:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig