Clemloves

A little bit of everything

Saturday 14 May 2016

Seizure (Book 2) by Kathy Reichs and Brendan Reichs


If you read my previous post on Virals, (Book 1) I was completely obsessed with the book, and Seizure definitely does not disappoint. Like the first book, this one is packed full adventures and mysteries. I am just simply loving Tory and her group of friends, and not forgetting Coop, even more with every page I read. So this one is book 2 in the Virals series, which is written by Kathy Reichs, author of the Temperance Brennan novels and producer of the FOX series Bones and Brendan Reichs, who is Kathy's son. Together they have created a brilliant and amazing series of books. 





Tory learns about an old Charleston legend about a famous Pirate called Anne Bonney. Anne Bonny's treasure was never found. Tory realises that if she can find the buried treasure, this is what could help to save the Institute on Loggerhead. The only problem is, it turns out that Tory and her friends are not the only ones looking for the treasure. We discover if the Virals powers are enough to get them out of trouble...


I literally started reading this book straight after finishing the first book Virals. As I mentioned above I was completely obsessed with the first book and I am also obsessed with this one. (I'm now on the third book Code') I am a huge fan of science fiction books, I really love the whole supernatural/forensic science combination of these books. I remember towards the end of this book, I think I had about a 100 pages left, so I just kept reading until end, I couldn't put the book down, I just needed to know what happened next! 

I love Tory and her friends, huge friendship goals right there. Oh and not forgetting Coop, Tory's wolfdog. There are lots of mysteries to be solved within this book, that Tory and her friends go and investigate. In the previous book, Tory, Hi, Shelton and Ben were exposed to an experimental strain of canine parvovirus, which soon after they begin to realise they have special powers. Tory finds out about a pirate called Anne Bonney who has supposedly left some buried treasure. Tory and her friends want to help save the institute on Loggerhead and this may be the only way to save it, by finding Anne Bonney's long lost treasure. But Tory and her friends run into a little trouble. I love following the four friends on their adventures. There are also lots of twists and turns within the book as they try and solve the mystery of the treasure. 

I highly recommend checking out the Viral series, you can purchase this book here. If you click on the categories at the top, you can find more of my book reviews.

This post is not sponsored in any way, I am writing this review purely because I love the books so much and all opinions are 100% my own and honest. 

What books are you currently reading and loving?





Share:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig