Clemloves

A little bit of everything

Monday 4 July 2016

A Study In Sable by Mercedes Lackey | Book Review


Welcome to my 10th book review! I have a huge love for books and they are some of my most treasured possessions. From a very young age I have always loved reading and I am always on the hunt for my next new favourite book. All books that I review are my own 100% honest opinion.

Being a lover of fantasy and science-fiction, I love a good book that takes me on an adventure. This book, *A Study In Sable does just that. I also love a good front cover. Brilliantly written by the New York Times bestselling American fantasy author, Mercedes Lackey, this book is the newest edition to The Elemental Masters series. Mercedes Lackey is also author of the 100 Kingdoms series and has published over 100 novels.





"The latest installment in the Elemental Masters series where magic and fairytales collide on an alternate Earth - featuring Sherlock Holmes' very own Doctor Watson."

Since leaving school, Nan Killian who is a psychic and Sarah Lyon-White, have been agents of Lord Alderscroft, the Elemental Fire Master who is known as the Wizard of London, along with their clever birds, the raven Neville and the parrot Grey. They have been agents since leaving school. Lord Alderscroft assigns Nan and Sarah to work with a famous man who is living at 221 Baker Street.` They will be assisting Dr. John Watson and his wife Mary, who are themselves Elemental Maters of Water and Air.

As A Study In Sable is the the latest book in The Elemental Masters series and although I haven't read the previous books within this series, I am now very intrigued the read them. This book revisits Nan and Sarah, so although it does carry on in a way from the previous books, this one can be read as a standalone novel. I love reading books that contain adventure, which this book contains, along with danger that the two girls come across that threaten their friendship and much more. This book also has some magical creatures in it. Definitely a book for a fantasy-lover. 

A study In Sable is fast paced and from the very first page, I just wanted to keep reading more and more. The beginning gets straight into the story. The first task in which Nan and Sarah must do, is to eliminate a deadly and mysterious entity. Sherlock Holmes also makes an appearance within this book and is brought in well to the story. A twist in this book that occurs (which I won't spoil) is unexpected. 

This book is an enjoyable read and I highly recommend giving A Study In Sable a read.
Click here for some more book reviews.  



Please see my disclaimer here. All opinions are 100% my own and honest.



Share:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig