Clemloves

A little bit of everything

Monday 6 March 2017

Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones | Book Reveiw


Hi everyone, I hope you are having a lovely day, it's actually a rather nice day outside today, what with the sun shining. Unfortunately my lecture got cancelled today, so I thought I would write a new book review blog post instead, as writing book review posts are one of my most favourite things to write on my blog. I love getting stuck into a new book and going on a new adventure. Today I am reviewing Wintersong* by S. Jae-Jones. Just look at that beautiful front cover. I've also decided to use my new throw that I got the other day as my new background for the photos, I'm really liking it a lot. It's a light pink cover with feathers on. I also found this cute sparkly unicorn the other day, so I just had to include it into my photos. I love finding new things that I can include in to my photos. I'm always on the lookout for a good YA novel to read, please comment below what books you are currently loving. 



"Once there was a little girl who played her music for a little boy in the wood. She was small and dark, he was tall and fair, and the two of them made a fancy pair as they danced together, dancing to the music the little girl heard in her head."

Beautifully written, this book had me hooked from the very beginning. We firstly read about a small boy and girl who play together in the wood, dancing and playing games. The boy asks the small girl to marry him, but when she explains why she can't, the small boy says that he will wait for her, as long as she remembers. The small girl then goes back to the wood regularly to meet the boy. As years pass, the girl grows older, the boy stays the same, but they still meet in the wood. The boy once again asks if she will marry him and she says that he has not yet won her hand. Then the boy asks her again, but this time the girl doesn't reply. The story then moves on Liesl, her sister Kathe and their Grandmother. 

Liesl had always heard of the tales of the Goblin King, who was beautiful, yet dangerous, inspiring her musical compositions. Liesl is now 18 years old and feels that her dreams of music and fantasies from her childhood are starting to slip away.  Liesl's sister is taken by the Goblin King and she must travel to the Underground to rescue her. Leisl finds the man who is ruling it, who is also quite mysterious. But she then finds herself having to make an impossible decision. Liesl must find out who she truly is before time runs out. 

"The power of a wish. In the world above, wishes were the will-o-wisps: beautiful, but insubstantial and always just out of reach. Here in the Underground, will-o-wisps were very much real. Tricky little creatures: sly, deceitful, but tangible. Touchable. My wishes had weight." 

Wintersong is as good as it looks and sounds. The cover of the book is gorgeous, The snowglobe with the white rose inside is beautiful. The first thing I noticed about this book was the front cover. I know you can't always judge a book by its cover, but I just knew that there was something special about this book and I just had to have it. I was so excited when it arrived. The story is fast paced and easy to follow and I found that I just wanted to keep reading and find out what happened next. I really like the characters in this book too, especially Liesl who is the main character of this book. The first couple of pages of the book, where the quote at the top is from, about the boy and the girl, was quite mysterious, which I like, definitely a great introduction to the book. There's also little poems at the beginning of each part of the book, which I really love, as it just adds that little something extra.

I give this book ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4 stars.



Share:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig