Clemloves

A little bit of everything

Tuesday 7 March 2017

Mac 'n' Cheese | Dairy, Wheat and Gluten Free


Hi everyone. I'm so happy to share with you a new recipe blog post. I've been meaning to do one for quite some time, I've got quite a few recipes lined up that I want to make and share with you on my blog. It has been quite a while since I last posted a recipe on here. You can find all of my other recipes by clicking on categories at the top. All of them are dairy, wheat and gluten free. I also avoid eating onion and garlic, so you won't find any of that in my recipes too. 



I've been unable to have dairy, wheat and gluten for quite sometime now, but one thing that I have really missed but not really attempted to make before is mac 'n' cheese. Although this isn't your typical mac 'n' cheese, it tastes so good. Unfortunately in the shops I couldn't really find any proper macaroni pasta. Quite some time ago I know that there was a brand that did do it and sold it in Morrisons, but I've not been able to find it since, as they stopped selling it. So for this recipe I have used some free from penne pasta from Sainsbury's. I have also used some free from ready grated cheese from Sainsbury's too. To make the sauce I used some gluten free flour, soya milk and dairy free spread and a little salt.

Firstly I cooked the pasta. I measured out how much pasta I wanted in to a bowl, as I was only making enough for one person. I always add some coconut oil into the pan with boiling water and a little salt. The oil just helps the pasta not to stick to the bottom of the pan. After about 10 minutes when the pasta is cooked, I then popped it into a bowl.
For the sauce I added some dairy free spread to a pan, added in some soya milk and some gluten free flour to thicken the sauce up and a little salt. How much you use depends on how much sauce you want to make. Then I added in the ready grated dairy free cheese and stirred until melted. The sauce doesn't need long at all, just until the sauce is heated through thoroughly and until smooth. After the sauce was done, I then added the cooked pasta into the pan and mixed it all together and placed in a bowl ready to eat. I also added a little of the grated cheese on top, just to make it that little bit more cheesy!

Ingredients -
Free from pasta of your choice. (I used Penne Pasta)
Dairy free cheese. (I used ready grated dairy free cheese)
Gluten free flour.
Dairy Free Spread.
Soya milk.
Salt.

I'm really please with how the mac 'n' cheese turned out. It was so good and tasted so delicious. I will definitely be making lots more of this.


Share:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig