Clemloves

A little bit of everything

Saturday 7 January 2017

Girl Online, Going Solo | Book Review


Happy New Year. I hope you all had a really good Christmas and New Year. I just can't believe that it is now 2017! For my first blog post of 2017, I wanted to share with you my review on Girl Online, Going Solo by Zoe Sugg. As I love books so much, I wanted this to be the first blog post of the year. This has definitely been one of my favourite books of 2016. (I will be doing a blog post very soon on the books I really enjoyed reading last year). 


"As Penny starts the school year she's ready to face the world - alone. Noah has gone off the radar after ending his world tour early and no one, including Penny, knows where he is. So when she accepts Megan's invitation to visit her performing arts school it seems like an opportunity to make some new friends.

Helping everyone else seems to be the right remedy - Elliot needs her friendship more than ever, and she meets Posey, who she can really help with her stage fright. But is charming Scottish boy Callum the right kind of distraction? And can Penny truly move on when Noah's shadow seems to haunt her round every corner?"


Girl Online, Going Solo is the third novel by Zoe Sugg, aka Zoella. Having read the last two books in the series, I am a huge fan. You can read my previous reviews here and here. I was so excited when Zoe announced the date for Girl Online, Going Solo was going to be on sale. As soon as I found out, I was straight onto the WHSmith's website and pre-ordered a copy, I was also able (as you can see in the photo above) to get a signed copy. I was counting down the days until this book came out. 


This is another amazing novel by Zoe Sugg, I have really enjoyed watching Penny grow throughout these books and the challenges she has faced, especially with anxiety. I still think Penny and Elliot are true friendship goals. I love how close they are and how much they really care for each other. For a start in this book we don't really get to know much about Noah and what he is currently doing, other than he is taking a break for now. Penny gets to know a guy called Callum who she meets when visiting a friend and also a girl called Posey. Posey and Penny actually have quite a lot in common and I love how they become such good friends. There are a few twists and turns in the book which are definitely unexpected but I loved every minute of this book.


Overall this is an amazing book and did not disappoint. It was everything I hoped for and more. I didn't want to put the book down. It came on a few train journeys with me too. Each moment I had free at University I got it out to read. I'm just sad that I've now finished reading it. I have honestly thoroughly enjoyed reading this book 100%.


I give this Girl Online, Going Solo 5 stars.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Have you read this book, if so what did you think of it?


Share:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig