Clemloves

A little bit of everything

Wednesday 22 November 2017

The Keeper Of Lost Things by Ruth Hogan | Book Review


Hi everyone! I hope you are having a great week. I am really excited to share with you a new book review on Clemloves. This book is definitely on my list of my most favourite books I have read. My boyfriend recently picked up this book, The Keeper Of Lost Things by Ruth Hogan for me to read and I'm so happy he got me it. This is a book that I have really enjoyed reading and really love. I didn't really know anything about this book before reading it, but straight away after reading the back description of the book, I was very excited to start reading it. I was also automatically drawn to the front cover, with its beautiful design.

There's nothing better than having a nice cosy night in with a hot chocolate and a good book. Straight away as soon as I started reading, I knew I was going to love this book and I just wanted to keep reading more and more. I just kept thinking about the story and what might happen next.


"Once a celebrated author of short stories now in his twilight years, Anthony Peardew has spent half his life collecting lost objects, trying to atone for a promise broken many years before.

Realising he is running out of time, he leaves his house and all its lost treasures to his assistant Laura, the one person he can trust to fulfil his legacy and reunite the thousands of objects with their rightful owners.

But the final wishes of the Keeper of Lost Things have unforeseen repercussions which trigger a most serendipitous series of encounters..."


The Keeper Of Lost Things is an amazing book and is beautifully written from start to finish. I didn't want the story to end. I felt really connected to the characters within the book throughout and really cared for them. The story was both charming and moving and covers true friendship and love. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and it is definitely a book that I won't forget along with the characters.

After a broken promise, whilst on his travels, Anthony Peardew finds and collects the lost items that he comes across, hoping that one day he can reunite them with their owners. Anthony takes homes the items and keeps them all together in his home. Over the years Anthony starts to have quite the collection of items. As Anthony is getting older, he knows that he will need someone to carry on finding the owners of the lost treasures in his study. Laura is Anthony's housekeeper and assistant and very good friend. Their friendship is beautiful and very moving. It's then up to Laura to help to try and get those lost items back to their owners. 

We get to find out more about Laura as the story starts and we also get to know more and more about Anthony throughout the book, along with other characters who make an appearance within the story, whose stories are also connected and linked to Anthony's. Throughout the story, we also get to have a glimpse into who some of the lost items belonged to and how the item came to be lost in the first place.


Have you read The Keeper Of Lost Things? What books are you currently reading?

I am now currently reading Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon (review coming soon).

Share:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig