Clemloves

A little bit of everything

Sunday 17 December 2017

Sunday Thoughts | Jay and Jane Homeless Spalding Appeal, Update


I hope you are having a lovely weekend and a great Sunday. Only one week tomorrow until Christmas day! It's come round so fast. For today's blog post, I wanted to do a little update on the Jay and Jane, Homeless Spalding Appeal. You may remember my previous blog post, where I write about the fundraising we were doing to raise £5000 to get Jay and Jane a roof over their heads for Christmas. I'm so happy to say that we reached our target and Jay and Jane are now in rented accommodation. In just a week, we reached beyond our goal of £5,000 and raised a total of £5,105. The funds have now reached the Lloyds Bank Treasurers Account. From the £5,095 which were donated on the JustGiving page, JustGiving has taken out their fees of £318.44, leaving a total of £4,776.56. There has also been an additional £20 which has been deposited at Lloyds, taking the total to £4,796.56. We are so thankful to everyone who has donated money and given help to Jay and Jane, without the compassion and help from everyone, none of this would have been possible. They have now already registered at a doctors practice and are also presently trying to find a dentist they can register with.

It's so sad that in 2017, there are still so many people who are homeless. So much more needs to be done. But even if we all help as much as we can, we can at least help and make someone's day. Even just by buying some food, buying someone a blanket or even a comfy pillow, can help someone so much. It's so easy to walk past someone and judge them, but none of us actually know what's happened in that person's life. So many things can happen that can make someone homeless. It's also so easy to think that it will never happen to you, but all you need is a change in circumstances. It can happen to anyone. I recently read an article that says there are over 300,000 people homeless in Great Britain, many going unrecorded. That is a huge number of people. I've been reading a few stories, that have really brought a tear to my eye. A lady in her 70's was made homeless after her landlord decided to sell her privately-rented flat, even though she always paid her rent on time. As she was on housing benefits, the landlord did not want someone who is on housing benefits to rent the apartment. It's just so sad.

Jay and Jane are so happy now that they have got somewhere to live. It's heartbreaking to know that there are still so many more people who are homeless, especially this time of year when the weather is so cold.


Five happy things this week -

1. Reading lovely comments on my blog.
2. Watching Christmas films on TV.
3. Cosy evenings snuggled up in a warm blanket and drinking some hot chocolate.
4. Taking photos for an exciting post coming up this week.
5. Receiving some lovely items in the post.

There's nothing better than getting snuggled up with a warm blanket, or two and a cup of hot chocolate. This is definitely what my evenings have consisted of! I was so happy when we had some snow, but there doesn't seem to be any more at the moment. I've loved looking at everyone's photos on Twitter of the snow though. It looks so magical. I'm also loving the Christmas films that are currently coming on TV. Some are quite cheesy I must admit, but that's what makes a good Christmas film! I'm now about to watch Miracle on 34th Street, such a lovely film and one of my favourites.

I received some lovely items in the post, which will be on a blog post this coming week, which I am really excited to share with you. I'm also really enjoying getting back into blogging again. There will be brand new posts every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. This was actually my original plan for blogging, but over the last year, it kind of didn't go to plan as such. But I absolutely love my little space on the internet, it makes me so happy, so I want to be able to start what I originally planned!

This week on the blog, I shared my favourite lipsticks, click here to read the post. I also made some delicious chicken and pasta with yogurt dressing. It's also dairy, wheat and gluten free! Lastly on the blog this week, I wrote a little about the Crohn's and Colitis UK membership pack. It's filled full of useful information and a magazine, that you get delivered to your door three times a year. You also get a Can't Wait card too, for when your out and about. 

You can also now advertise with me on ClemLoves for just £3 for the month. Here is what you get -
  • Your blog button in my sidebar for the month.
  • 4 retweets of your promotional tweets throughout the month.
  • You will be Included in a monthly blog post with your blog link.
  • Included in a group #FF every Friday for the month.
You can email me at clemloves@gmail.com or DM me on Twitter to advertise with me. Click here to find out more.


What have you been up to this weekend? 

Share:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig