Clemloves

A little bit of everything

Sunday 14 January 2018

Looking Back At Why I Started Blogging


There has been so much love being shared in the blogging community recently, especially on Twitter, and I absolutely love it. I've seen so many bloggers sharing other bloggers links, Instagram feeds and Twitter profiles. It just goes to show how one little kind action can really brighten up someones day. Recently I have been receiving lovely comments on my blog and you have no idea how happy that makes me feel. I've also been receiving some lovely comments on Twitter too. I've even got my first advertiser for February. It's things like this that make me feel happy and proud of my little space on the internet and how much it has grown.

It's got me thinking about why I started my blog in the first place. From a young age I loved creating websites and blogs. It was in 2012 when I created ClemLoves that I really got in to blogging. I did it because I wanted to be able to share with other people all of the things I love and make new friends. I have made some amazing blogger friends over the last few years. I have loved watching their blogs grow and to continue following them.


Last year I did have a bit of a break from blogging, I just felt that my blog wasn't as good as other blogs and I just felt really disheartened. I suppose I sort of lost that love of blogging. Although I continued to do the odd blog post, the love for it just wasn't really there anymore. After having a break, I realised just how much I missed blogging. It also got me looking at old posts and looking at how far my blog has grown over the years since 2012. I also felt that love I had for my blog when I first started it. I missed it so much. I started to realise how much I was actually comparing myself to others. I also felt the same way about my Instagram. I looked at other peoples feeds, at all of their gorgeous photos and just felt that mine in comparison just wasn't very good. I even started to question the design I chose for my blog, because it didn't look like everyone else's! These feelings I was having was awful and so I decided to get that love back again that I had for my blog. 

I stopped comparing as much and remembered all of the of the reasons why I started blogging in the first place, I fell in love with my blog all over again. I feel that some of this can be a blog post on it’s own! But I just wanted to share with you what I had been feeling, as I know I'm not the only one to feel like this. Sometimes it can feel so competitive, but it's just about remembering why you started in the first place. Yes, my photos may not be as good as others, but I enjoy taking them and I myself am happy with them. I may not have as exciting blog posts as other people, but I enjoy writing and write in my own unique style. I write what I want to write. With my blog design, I chose it because it was the one that really caught my attention when updating my blog. I chose it because it was everything I wanted. I can even remember now how happy I felt when my blog design was updated and I just couldn't wait to show it off. It's feelings like this that I had just forgotten and needed to remember again. Even now I sometimes think, does my blog look good enough, but them I remember why I chose my design in the first place and how happy I was when I got it.

I love that there are so many supportive people in the blogging community. It’s really helped me these last few months, the support I have received and all of the lovely comments on my blog and on Twitter. 


As usual for my Sunday Thoughts post, here are my 5 happy things that have happened this week -

1. Going to watch Jumanji at the cinema with my boyfriend. (Such a good film).
2. Receiving some books in the post, which I can't wait to read.
3. Going to see my nan.
4. Getting my first advertiser for February.
5. My Mickey Mouse onesie! 

What have you been upto this week?
 


Share:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig