Clemloves

A little bit of everything

Saturday 21 April 2018

What's In My April Birchbox!


Happy Saturday! How amazing has the weather been this past couple of days! I mean wow, I really didn't expect lovely warm weather like this. I'm so ready for it. Fingers crossed that it's going to be nice next week, as my boyfriend said about having a BBQ. It feels like forever since I've had a BBQ. What's your favourite BBQ food? I'm thinking of having some vegetable skewers, burgers, maybe a hot dog. I can't wait! It feels so good to not have to go outside wearing a thick coat and jumper, even though I absolutely love jumpers, it's nice to wear something a little lighter and I'm definitely getting the jelly shoes out too. I'm looking forward to long days on the beach, picnics, going to the fair and just relaxing in the nice warm sunshine. What are you looking forward to doing as the weather gets warmer?

Ok, so before I get into this post, I will say this now, I've never had a subscription beauty box before, I've always looked at getting one, but there's just so many to choose from and I just thought would it actually be worth getting one. And to be completely honest with you, even though I have looked at getting a Birchbox subscription box before, this time what made me even more tempted to get one, was the collaboration between Birchbox and Cath Kidston! I mean, just look at the box! (Scroll down to the bottom of this post to check it out). I also watched a couple of videos on YouTube to make my decision too though, it wasn't purely just because of the box! 😏

I already knew that with the subscription box you don't get all of the products as full sized amount products, but after watching video reviews, it was obvious that you still get a generous amount and your money worth in products. Also, I like to make products last me as long as possible anyway. But even though you do get smaller sized ones, you do still get maybe one or two full-sized products within the box. But adding up the value of each, it's still good value for money. Also just to put it out there, this post is in no way sponsored, I got this box with my own money as a birthday treat and thought that I would also feature it on my blog, to help you decide if you are looking at getting one. Also if your like me and have spent months and months deciding if to get one or not. If you want to get your very own Birchbox, click here.



So first I want to talk about my experience with ordering a box for the first time. I found the website really easy to work with and navigate through. I also found it very easy to choose which subscription I wanted to choose. I decided to go for the pay monthly box as if you want to, you can cancel at any time. You can also choose to pay every 6 months or yearly. With each box, you get 5 personalised items. After choosing your subscription and purchasing it, you are then directed to a page where you can create your beauty profile. There are a series of questions that you can answer, about your skin, hair, eyebrows etc and this then determines which products you get. As this was my first Birchbox order, I got a free gift which included a gorgeous Spectrum makeup brush (I've been wanting one of these for so long) and a Cargo Cosmetics BeachBlush in the shade Sunset Beach. It's so pretty. It's the one in the pictures above and below on the left and for some reason, it reminds me a little bit of Neapolitan Icecream! Honestly, when I first opened it, I thought I smelt chocolate! You can also get discount on the box if you are a student and you can also get other free gifts too.

I am so happy with the products I got. The box arrived safely in the post. One thing I always dread is if an item arrives damaged through delivery, but the box came intact and there was no damage at all. I did see that Birchbox did put about one of the products that come in the box, this is one product that everyone gets, the cute little highlighter. They did say that you can contact them if it arrives damaged in the post, as it's quite fragile. I still need to test out the brow gel, I'm just hoping that it's not going to be too dark for my eyebrows. One of the questions that it asks you on your beauty profile, is what colour are your eyebrows, so I put brown. But I did watch a YouTube video of someone using it and I think as long as I only put a little bit on, it should be fine. But I have been wanting to get a product for my eyebrows for quite some time now.

Along with the highlighter that everyone gets in their box, this month as the April box is in honour of Cath Kidston's 25th birthday, everyone is also guaranteed the Cath Kidston Hand cream in their box too. It's the perfect size to pop in your handbag and apply on the go, or will look super cute on your bedside table. Just to quickly mention, in your box you get a card which has a description of all the products you get. It also tells you which ones are full size and which ones are a Birchbox exclusive and have a 4+ star review on the website. On the front of your card it tells what the theme of the box is for the month, this months theme is, Brighten Up Your Day. If you're wondering what each product I got is, keep on scrolling down!

Please excuse me whilst I just quickly go on Disney Magic Kingdoms! (They've currently got a Lilo and Stitch event going on).



I got the ModelCo Baked Highlighter. As this was one of the items that you can choose which shade you would like, I chose mine in the shade Frose. The second product I got, is the Beautaniq Beauty Fill + Tame Brow Gel. Mine is in the shade Brunette. This one is vegan and is enriched with aloe leaf extract and glycerin. The third product I got, is the Cath Kidston hand cream. It comes in an exclusive birthday rose packaging, which matches the box. Next, I got the Percy and Reed Perfectly Perfecting Wonder Balm. The description of this product says that it adds moisture, boosts shine, aids smoothness, defines and softens the hair, whilst protecting against humidity and helps to speed up styling. Lastly, the fifth product in my Birchbox, is the AfterSpa Magic Make Up Remover Cloth. All you need to do to use this cloth is use water. You then massage it over your face to remove impurities and makeup. This cloth is re-usable, so all you need to do is pop it into the washing machine. It also says to wash before using.

With the two free products I received, for ordering my first ever Birch box, I am absolutely loving them, especially the free Spectrum makeup brush that I got. Like I mentioned above, I've been wanting a Spectrum makeup brush for ages! The brush is really lovely and soft, I think I'm actually feeling a little nervous to use it, as I don't want to ruin it! But I was so excited when I saw that this was going to be one of the free gifts I would receive. The blush that I also got is so gorgeous and I can't wait to use it.




Altogether this is an amazing box full of goodies and I can't wait to get my next one. It's nice to have my very own personalised box, it makes it that little bit more exciting, as I have received products I will actually use, rather than getting one or two items that I wont or can't use. I think if I had to pick my favourites from the five items I received, it would probably be the hand cream, as I do love my hand cream and the make up remover cloth. If you want to get your very own Birchbox click here.

Are you subscribed to Birchbox? If so which products did you get? Or which products have you got in past boxes, that you have really loved?




Share:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig