Clemloves

A little bit of everything

Wednesday 25 April 2018

Some Thoughts On The Future Of Blogging


Hey there lovelies! It's another beautiful Spring morning. I'm just looking forward to that warm weather again. I've been seeing a few posts recently on the future of blogging. I wanted to share with you my own personal thoughts and opinions on it. I know that recently there have been a few dramas going on within the blogging community, but then this happens everywhere. Which is why I want to try and spread a bit of positivity. I absolutely love the blogging community and whenever I see a drama happening, I always stay well away and let things settle down. If I feel I need to say something then I will, especially if someone has been hurt by actions. But from these, so many negative things can come from it. And being honest, the blogging community I know, is still very much full of kind, honest, beautiful and amazing people.

Whilst there are so many more bloggers than ever before, this may be considered not such a good thing, as surely this then means that there will be fewer opportunities for bloggers and less recognition for what someone does. But to be honest I feel that yes, there are thousands and thousands of bloggers, millions all over the world even, but I also think that it's a good time for having your own blog. There are so many more brand new opportunities out there. There are more and more brands working with bloggers. There are also different platforms to link your blog to, for example, YouTube, Instagram and Facebook. We have Instagram Stories, Instagram Live and Instagram in general, Facebook pages, Facebook Live, Snapchat, Pinterest, Youtube Live, Periscope, Vero and so many more. I've also just started using Linkedin and Stumbleupon for my blog too. I can't wait to see what other new social media platforms come in the future. I definitely see lots more people are using Instagram to share their stories, what they have been up to and post photos to show this. When I go to their profile, I see that they haven't got a blog on blogger or WordPress etc, but they are using Instagram as one for microblogging.

Blogging has also opened up a whole new world for owning and running your own business. I can see that by, yes, more people doing the same thing can make it more difficult for new bloggers, but at the same time, people are not really doing the same thing. Everyone has their own personal, unique blog. Everyone is writing about what they want to write about. I love that so many people are doing what they love, like myself, taking photos and writing, and if that turns in to a career, then that's amazing. I have met online some wonderful people over the years and have made lots of new blogger friends. The blogging community is huge, but there are so many lovely and supportive people in the community and people helping each other.



There have been so many times where I have felt that I may not get anywhere with my blog, or that no one is reading it. But then I remembered why I started my blog in the first place. I started it because it is somewhere where I can express my thoughts and feeling, connect with other bloggers and write about all of the things I love. I started my blog in 2012 and I had blogs previous to this one. I also used to create my own websites at a very young age on expage and geocities, (remember those)! Remember the little dolls that you could create and put on your page. One of the many pages I created was called Cool Girls Today, great name huh?! Haha! I also named another one Chocolate Hamster! I loved that page. I even taught myself HTML, although I've forgotten a lot of it now, but I really want to learn it again. At that point, there were quite a few bloggers, but it was nothing compared to how many bloggers there are now. But I think this is a wonderful thing. I love that there are so many bloggers I can connect with and that there are so many blogs out there for me to read. I have loved watching my favourite bloggers who I started following quite a few years ago, watching them grow and have a successful blog, career and business. I'm so happy for them and I look up to them. They keep inspiring me to do what I love doing.

I think personally that the blogging community will keep on growing and growing and that more opportunities will arise. I love that more bloggers are becoming full-time bloggers and that really motivates me and inspires me, as it's my dream to continue building and growing my blog and for it to become my career. My blog enables me to express myself through my writing and taking photos, which are two things I love considerably. As the blogosphere continues to grow, I want to grow with it. I've learnt so many new skills over the last few years, all thanks to my blog and I know I will continue to keep growing new skills. For example, writing, creating imagery, scheduling content, social media promotions and furthering my research and communication skills. I've even opened up my own Etsy shop to sell my products! I'm so excited for the future of blogging because I have already gained and learned so much from it. I'm excited to meet new friends and work with new people and I'm excited to see where my blog takes me. I hope to be a full-time blogger and to have my blog as my creative outlet for all of the things I love and to be able to do them for a living. I want to incorporate my audio and future audio projects into my blog, I want to continue improving with my photography and I want to carry on growing my Etsy shop. These are the positives I want to focus on.

While there are negatives, like any career can have in life, let's focus on the positives. If someone is doing extremely well with their blog lets congratulate them and let them know. Let's be inspired by them and focus on our own blogs, achieve our own dreams and continue to support each other. It makes me so happy to see bloggers helping each other. These are the bloggers I love. It's why I called my blog ClemLoves, because I wanted to create a happy and positive blog and to share the many things I love. It's so upsetting to see bloggers I have followed for quite some time and admire, cause so much negativity within the community. I have been really shocked by recent actions.

What are your thoughts on the future of blogging?



Share:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig