Clemloves

A little bit of everything

Wednesday 2 July 2014

Free From Pasta with Smoked Salmon and Vegetables





Pasta is such a simple dish, but there is so much you can add to it.
Its quick and easy to cook and you can just add just about anything thats sitting in your fridge.

Ingredients

  • Free from pasta, (Dairy, wheat and gluten free) 
  • Courgette,
  • Mushrooms,
  • Tomatos
  • Spinach,
  • Smoked Salmon,
  • Dairy, wheat and gluten free cheese,
  • Tomato puree.


Firstly I prepare my veggies, (Tomato, mushroom, courgette.) I pop some baking parchment on to a tray and place them on top to roast. I don't add oil or anything, I just have them plain. Whilst they are in the oven cooking i then trap a saucepan fill it up with water, leave it on the heat to boil then add the past. I usually cook my pasta for about 10 minutes. Usually by the time the pasta is done the veggies are also done. When the pasta is done, I like to add tomato puree to it and mix it in. I used to love tomato ketchup on pasta when I was little, but a lot of tomato ketchups that you but have ingredients in that I can't have. As tomato puree is just tomatoes I use this. Its also stronger so you don't need to use much, just enough to give the pasta some flavour. What I sometimes do is to add a tin of chopped tomatoes to the pasta this gives it a sauce. So after i have got the pasta sorted, I place some spinach on the plate first and then pop the pasta on top. I then take the veggies out of the oven and place these on top of the pasta. Lastly i place the smoked salmon on top and then add some free from cheese.

This is just a simple recipe of what I use when making a pasta dish. Its something different and as I said you can add just about anything really. It makes food a bit more interesting if you are unable to have dairy, wheat and gluten like me.


Share:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig