Clemloves

A little bit of everything

Wednesday 10 January 2018

Reflecting Back On 2017


I know that we are now part way through January, but I really wanted to write a post, reflecting back on 2017. What a year it was. There are so many different things that happened, but I thought I would reflect on just a few bits, else this post could end up being very long. I feel that it's so important to look back and reflect. By writing this post, it has really made me think of what has happened and what I have achieved this last year. It's so easy to forget about certain things.


Spending the New Year in Scotland.
My boyfriend and I decided that to welcome in 2017, we would spend it in Scotland. I had such an amazing time, and I'm so happy we went. We stayed in a lodge right next to the sea and watched the fireworks go off across the water.  You can find my post here.

My final audio assignment.
For my final piece of audio work at university, I decided to work on my own. I wanted to be able to create something that was personal to me. I decided to do two short pieces of audio on anxiety and OCD. I also worked with a friend of mine who has autism, so I created a piece of audio, using their own poems and interview, to help raise awareness of autism. I received some really good feedback on my audio pieces, which I was so happy about, as I worked really hard on them. You can listen to them here.

Finishing University.
I can't even begin to tell you how quick those three years at University went. It felt so surreal to be in my final year. It literally felt only 5 minutes ago that I started. I started Uni as a mature student, it just felt like the right time to go when I was 24. When I left college, I was still figuring out what I wanted to do. 

Graduating from University.
I am so grateful and thankful for everyone who supported and helped me throughout my time at Uni. I was able to achieve the grade I wanted and graduate. You can find my graduation post here

Starting my CBT sessions.
After waiting quite some time, I was able to have CBT sessions. I have anxiety and OCD, but the CBT was mainly for my OCD. The person who did the sessions was so lovely and really helped me a lot. Although I've still got a little way to go still, I've been able to do so many more things that I thought I may not be able to do again. You can read my post on having anxiety and OCD here.

Starting a new job.
After leaving my job of 7 years, I wanted to focus fully on my final year of University. After graduating I started my new job, which I am currently still at now. It's definitely helped me a lot more with confidence and also meeting new people. 

Going to Mexico.
I went with my boyfriend to Mexico, to celebrate his 30th birthday. I absolutely loved being in Mexico so much. Having never been before, I was really excited to go. We went for a week and I had the best time. We stayed in a resort and also went on a couple of trips. We went to Chichin Itza and also went on the Captain Hook pirate ship trip, which was definitely an experience! The last time I had been abroad was when I was 17, 10 years ago, so it was amazing to be able to go abroad again.

My boyfriend and I's 1 year anniversary together.
We have now been together for over a year. Well, we've actually known each other for about 6 years I think it is now. After working together for quite sometime, my boyfriend got a new job and then we didn't see each other for ages, or really speak that much. Then one day we got messaging each other and he asked me if I wanted to go to our friends wedding together. So I said yes and we've been together since. 

Raising £5000 for the Jay and Jane Spalding Homeless Appeal.
My mum and I started a fundraising page on JustGiving, to help a homeless couple in our hometown. In just a week, we reached our goal of £5000 and also there was some extra that people had donated too. We are so thankful to everyone who helped and donated. Jay and Jane were able to get rented accommodation in time for Christmas. You can find my post here.

Being diagnosed with Crohn's Disease.
In November last year, after being very poorly I was admitted to hospital, where I spent 9 days there. After having some tests done, I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease (Crohn's Colitis). The doctors and nurses got me started straight away on medication and I was able to come home again. I am so thankful to everyone who looked after me. I felt so many different emotions when I was diagnosed. But after speaking to another family member who has Crohn's Disease and also finding out lots more about it online, along with joining the Crohn's and Colitis UK membership, I've been able to find out so much more. You can find my posts on Crohn's Disease here and here.


Share:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig